Missing Mama

I was about to post this entry on the exact day that it happened, but I never had the time because of work. Anyways, it was last week during our first break when the janitress in the office asked for a favor. (She is the closest person I have in the office.) She would like to borrow money for her son's allowance for the next day. I never hesitated to give her what she needed even if it was the last money I had.

I was really touched of what our janitress did for her son. It was a mother's intuition...for the best of her family.

I could see my mom in her...the time when my mom, the bread winner of our family, got terminated without any reason. Because of this, there were days, probably even weeks, where we couldn't eat 3 times a day. I noticed my mom not even eating just for us to eat the food in the table. And every night, I could hear her cry, yet the next morning she still let everyone see that she's firm and strong.

Sacrifice and unconditional love is all I could say that best defines my mom...and all the moms for that matter.


I LOVE YOU MOM! And I miss you so much.
Lilia de la Cruz